NUTELLA STUFFED COOKIES
(recipe via Cooking Classy)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
Seeds of 2 vanilla beans (or increase vanilla to 2 tsp)*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
About 2/3 cup Nutella, chilled
- Brown butter in a medium saucepan.
- Pour browned butter, using a rubber spatula to scrape out any excess, into the bowl of an electric mixer and allow to cool until lukewarm, about 20 - 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and 1/4 tsp kosher salt, set aside.
- Add light-brown sugar to cooled butter in mixer fit with paddle attachment. With mixer set on medium-low speed, blend mixture together until well combine, about 1 minute. Add in vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla then add in eggs one at a time and mix until well combine after each addition.
- Set mixer on low speed and slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to an airtight container and chill in refrigerator about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Remove dough from refrigerator and scoop dough out about 2 1/2 Tbsp at a time and shape into balls, then align them on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper.
- Evenly flatten dough balls until you have about a 3 1/4-inch circle, then place 1 tsp chilled Nutella in the center on top of each.
- Carefully fold dough up and around Nutella, covering it entirely.
- Transfer to a lined cookie sheet (you can fit 8 cookies per sheet) and bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle cookies with coarse sea salt. Allow to cool several minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.