THE BEST CRISPY OVEN FRIES
(recipe via topwithcinnamon.com)
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 egg white
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 tsp sriracha (or more/less depending on preference)
1-2 tsp thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper for seasoning
2. Wash the potatoes to remove any dirt (leave as much skin on them as poss.). Halve the potatoes lengthways and place into a medium pot of cold water, add the salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes to parboil the potatoes.
3. Drain the potatoes and leave in the colander for 5 minutes so they can dry off.
4. Slice each potato-half lengthways into 4 wedges. Place into a large bowl, sprinkle over the cornstarch and toss with your hands to coat (see notes).
5. Put the egg white into a large, shallow bowl or dish. Using a whisk, beat the egg white with 1 tbsp of water, until it becomes slightly frothy.
6. Stir in the minced garlic and sriracha. Add the cornstarch-coated potato wedges and toss with your hands to coat.
7. Lift the wedges out of the bowl/dish, and spread in a single layer onto the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-45 minutes, flipping them occasionally (see notes), until golden brown and crispy.